Pages

Sunday, January 9, 2011

January 9th

As much as I was confident, I still lost! 3 to 2.  Hubby and I had a game tournament today. We played Yahtzee, Qwirkle, Sequence, Rummikub and Sorry. {while dating we spent a lot of our time at coffee shops playing games, laughing and chatting. Both of us are super competitive so the simplest things some times are a lot of fun} today, Hubby got way lucky and beat me at Qwirkle, Sequence and Sorry! All three by literally just one or two moves... Oy! Poor me, I married a winner :) After a late breakfast, gift sharing and our tournament we went and saw True Grit {not amazing in my opinion but still good}. Then we went to dinner down town and took some fun pictures together.

Photo booths are always a fun thing. As much as you plan ahead, and think that you know what you'll do next, it's so easy to miss that flash! And we did :)

Oh! I forgot to tell you what Hubby got me!!! The first thing I opened was a P90X binder with all the work out details and diet plans. I've been doing the workouts for a couple weeks now but never had all the materials. It was a thoughtful gift. One that didn't cost any money {he printed it off the computer-something I never would have thought to do} Lastly I opened the gift with the bow tied around it. Inside was a beautiful pearl and silver bracelet! I LOVE it! For my birthday in October he'd bought me pearl earings, saying that a lawyers wife's gotta look the part :) He's the best!

Now here we are, at the beginning of a new year of life together. We welcome it in with joy, knowing that there are many more blessings ahead and many more arguments, many firsts and many lasts. I'm excited to have children, to be a Mama and see my Love as a Dad, to watch him develop in his career and to grow as a loving wife. Here we go!

Cheers to a new year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH Amber!!! I miss you so much and I miss sharing life with you! :) I remember hearing about you and Shawn playing games on your lunch break, and coming back to tell me all about who won! P.S. happy delayed anniversary! And I seriously recomend that you two go and see "The Fighter" it was one of the best movies I've seen in a long time. It was based on a true story too! Soooo good.

much <3 Crystal! :)