Pages

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

LOVE


It's not always easy being married. But it's what we do with the hard moments that really strengthens the rest of our time together. Hubby and I argue. Yes... we argue. I prefer to call arguments, 'heated discussions' but Hubby thinks it's silly :) In my mind, we are talking through issues, but in more of a mature way. Arguing to me, is when people yell at each other and put the other person down and are not in a place of even attempting to see things differently. For us, we really emphasize listening to each other. Asking questions and clearly explaining our point of view without getting our panties in a bunch {or boxers if your Hubby}. We work on patients, kindness, humility and trust... we always persevere and work though things. 
The other night we had a 'heated discussion' about something, and we did not see eye to eye about the specific topic of conversation. It was tough, really tough, to not come to an agreement... but we had to just agree to see differently at that time, and trust that God is growing us and always forming us to be more like Himself. And as we become more like Him, our hearts will connect in a more intimate way. We prayed together that night before falling asleep. And loved each other with hugs and kisses despite the distance we felt... Hubby is a good man, with an amazing mind and spirit. And if ever I am saddened by something that is momentarily between us, I just think about how much he loves me and takes care of me. That we have never spent a day drifting apart, but are always falling deeper in love {and in-like, which is very important too!}
He is my best friend! 
and we will work on loving each other better till the day we die.
This is marriage. 
It is tough, and it will be even tougher at later points in life, I am sure,
but we vow to never give up. 
God is on our side, and God is strength. I can do all things though Christ who strengthens me.
Amen


click the link below to read more about the beauty of love

No comments: