Pages

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

"Think on these things"





Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
Philippians 4:8

Think on these things.
How many of you spend the majority of your day thinking about the things that are pure, lovely, and good in your life?
Or rather, do you spend your time focusing on the difficult conversation you had yesterday, or the impossible person you have to deal with today?

I guess in order to let go of those things, and cling instead to what is honest and just, you have to have faith.
Faith that someone else is in control. Faith that someone cares. Faith that all is not lost.

Do you know that Jesus came to this earth to show us the character of God?
Have you read His words?
Do you trust them?
And if you say that you do, then why do you question them as you walk in fear, while you could be walking in peace?
His words will never fail us.
His promises are eternal, as is His love.
I know, full well, what it is to feel like the entire world is crashing down upon me. But I also know what it is to be lifted, beyond my sufferings, and held in the comforting arms of God Himself.
He is our Savior, our Deliverer, our Beloved.
Maybe you have yet to know Him as such but He is waiting for you. He wants to take care of you. To speak His loving wisdom to you and breathe His life into your weary soul.

I want to remind you friends, that though often times we hide our struggles from the world around us, God always sees. He always knows. And in the silence, when you question your existence and wrestle with what to do, be encouraged, you are not alone.

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
Psalm 46:1

A question I always ask myself...
What got me here? What sad thought am I thinking that brought me to this place of feeling so low?
Know your weaknesses. But dont allow them to become your friend.
I try to stay positive, and face my issues with the right perspective.
I will not avoid the giants in my life, but Ill look them straight in the eye and with unwavering faith, claim God is on my side!
I will not be defeated!

Dear friends, you are in my prayers.
Keep your chin up and think on the things of God. Cling to His truth! 




3 comments:

Erin said...

I absouletely love that verse. Thank you for such a positive message :)

Ashley Sinatra said...

Great verses! This was a great, encouraging post :)


-Ashley
www.TheThriftywife.com

Happy Wife said...

glad you enjoyed the verses ladies!