Pages

Monday, March 7, 2011

Back in the Habit


ZUMBA!

I'm hooked! I can't help it! It's so amazing!
After the first time I took the class I told Hubby that it was 
the greatest moment of my life! The best discovery EVER!!
{But of course marrying him was the greatest moment. Of course!}
Spending a good portion of my childhood in Africa where booty shakin' is
absolutely encouraged! {The better you shake it the more respect you get. It's true},
and now living in the States where you are a hussy for doing so...
kept my dance moves under wraps. This booty was stuck in the closet,
with no outlet.
Until now!

Time is running out and I need to hurry up and finish sharing.
Class starts in a little bit and I need to get my gear on.
Speaking of gear...
I REALLY like these!
Maybe I will get to purchase them "someday"... 
Though nothing is wrong with the lovely dance shoes I currently own.
-see below-
Sadly, mine are not pink and yellow {confession...I love pink}
I have the purple, black and yellow ones. 
Which are still incredible to move in...
I just like new things, like most girls, right?


Welp, I'm off to get my Dance gear on and head out.
7:30-8:30 will be filled with much laughter, sweat and making new friends!
Happy Monday


5 comments:

Chelsea said...

LOVE Zumba! I haven't taken in a class in a few years, but I agree, it is a wonderful thing :)

Jamie Walker said...

Ok I haven't worked up the nerve to go yet... I just don't know if my hips move like that haha. It looks so fun though!

Happy Wife said...

Chelsea! so glad you love it too! Ha, and Jamie, it's a blast! You should totally try it, and just see what your hips can do :) You never know... those classes are magic!

Angela said...

My sentiments exactly. I never knew how much fun it could be to dance until I went to Africa and then spent a year and a half shaking my booty every day with African children. I miss it SOOOO much! The first night I tried Zumba the first song was "I like to Move it move it" from Madagascar. That was my kid's favorite song to dance to. It was God's little gift to me and nobody else knew why I had such a big grin on my face!

Happy Wife said...

Oh my goodness! I have such a funny story to tell you about that song!
And I can't wait to hang out with you/ catch up in the near future!