Pages

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Rain, rain, you are grey, I don't mind if you want to stay...

The rain has not stopped POURING since yesterday! But contrary to what I normally feel about it, today I don't mind. It's the perfect weather to enjoy, of course, some coffee, a cozy chair and hunker down to work on a couple children's stories I'm writing. Last night my sweet friend Tabitha and I got together over happy hour and brainstormed some more ideas for our epic book we're working on {we will do this once a week!} 
It's been so good for me to be doing this, and to have someone to share it with! Every Sunday we plan on getting together and exploring the worlds and characters that our fancy minds create.
We felt like children there last night, huddled over a plate of nachos and cups of coffee, as we made up a whole imaginary land of people and cities, the relationships between them all and the colors and feelings and struggles that surround them...
I have the imagination of a child, and I am not ashamed to admit it!

Aside from making time to cozy up and write, today I will also be doing a little babysitting, going to the gym, hanging out with a special Middle School friend of mine {this has become a weekly thing... picking her up from school on Wednesdays and sharing God with her...} and then later watching Survivor tonight. Busy, Busy, but I have time. There are 11 hours in front of me {before Survivor starts}. Here I go!

P.S.
check out this pretty necklace! I entered to win it over at Adventures of Newlyweds
click the link below the photo if you'd like to enter too!



>Enter To Win<


Speaking of Dragonfly's. Have you checked out The Hack Novelist yet?
If not you should!
He's writing a book called DragonFly and this is his blog,
all about his writings {and other ramblings & adventures}...
It's a daily read for me. Always something to smile or think about.

Well, that's all for me right now. I have 30 minutes to be somewhere and it's time I got out of my pjs :)
xoxoxo
Happy Wife



1 comment:

The Hack Novelist said...

First of all, honored! Thanks for the shout out! Secondly, I think the writing collaboration you and Tabitha have going is awesome! I'm a little envious. It's been a while since I've worked with another on a writing project but remember them all as quite rewarding. There's just something about that entire process that is exhilarating. Can't wait to read the result!