Pages

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Remember when...




This morning, in my alone time...
I found this.
Nostalgia took over and memories of living on the coast in Senegal washed over me.
Hubby laughed at the girl with her booty sticking up.
But I informed him that that's the image I related to most!
The ocean was my home away from home.
My sister, brother and I spent much of out time swimming in it's warm waters,
doing summersaults {like this girl} and doggy paddling up over the waves.
I loved being engulfed by the water... totally surrounded in what God alone had made.
We were close, He and I.
Little Amber Dawn caught up in her Big Fathers warm arms.
Floating on my back, out past the breaking waves, with my nose, eyes and toes being the only parts of me that met with air, I was lost, at peace, and in.love with the moment. 
Nostalgia... indeed.

sigh... Hubby and I are going to spend the day down town before church. The weather won't make up it's mind quite yet, grey and raining, bursts of sunlight and blue skies... "Please stay bright and cheery! It'd be so nice to walk the waterfront with my love, and enjoy the world sans umbrella."

I pray all you lovely friends have a joy-filled Saturday!
Tomorrow Tabitha and I are going to the beach to write! We're leaving at 6am! The beautiful scenes in life are often times the ones that you have to chase after. 

P.S.
I'm gonna get back into Pilates! yesterday was the 1st, and I'd planned on starting then, but... as we all know, life is busy, and excuses are so quickly handed to us! {POO on them!} but really, I was out of the house from 6:30 am till 10:00 pm! Long day right?
Anyhoo... I am inspired by Boundlessfille and plan on adding, even if it's 30 minutes a day, Pilates to my schedule! Really, I have time!!!
alright, peace out homies!
Nostalgic photo by:

3 comments:

wilybrunette said...

such a beautiful piece of artwork and such lovely memories. i love the girl with the bum--i imagine she's spinning. nothing quite like spinning in the great big blue.

Lynn {hearted girl} said...

well that just sounds about perfect to me. a dream for sure and you lived it, wondrous! isn't it special when we are reminded of times like that.

i've tried Pilates before, wow does it ever work your core. good for you lades. ♥

Happy Wife said...

Thanks for your comments friends. These memories shape so much of who I am! Glad to have you around.
xo