Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Innocent Nude

Found a new polish that I love and had to share!
I prefer nude, and cream colors... but had yet to find the right one.
Until I made this wonderful purchase at Target the other day.


I probably have 6 or so similar nail polishes but they were either too shiny, or too white or yellow or pink... this one is what I'm calling a lacy nude color.
And check out the cool brush it has! It's a flat brush that's a bit rounded on the end so it's a much easy application! Seriously! So much easier!


I'm so excited about this! My search is finally over!


Sally Hansen's Nail Growth *Miracle in Innocent Nude


p.s.
last night as I read my Bible before going to bed,
a verse, which I'd read a thousand times,
encouraged me like it had never before.

Matthew 11:28-30
"Come to Me, all who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and my burden is light."

These words used to speak volumes to me whenever I was feeling sad and alone... To know that His voice was saying "Come to Me, and I will give you rest" comforted me like nothing else.

But now as I read it, I see it differently. I'm coming at it from a different state of being.
I have been striving! Working SO HARD to make myself and my life perfect. I have done this for too long now without God's guidance and help. He has been in my heart and been the wisdom that I cling to, but I have not been in a place of following His leading, but rather asking Him to follow me in mine.
{It's embarrassing to admit} So now, I see clearly how weary and burdened I am from my pathetic attempt at being WonderWoman. "His yoke is easy" because He's carrying it. I need to step into that with Him and learn from Him. I need rest. I need sanity! Life shouldn't be so difficult with Him at my side. "He is gentle and humble in heart"... I will cling to God, my Shepard and follow His leading in each new day to come. It's time for me to lay aside this silly striving, and trust His gentle hand.

No comments: