Pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Praising God for the Rain.


Just a moment ago, I found myself looking out the window, ready to complain about the rain...
And then, I recognized that as much as I'm wishing for a hot summers warmth,
I am so very grateful for the fact that my home and family are safe from harm.
Hurricanes, Tornados, Floods and Tsunamis are destroying people lives every day,
while I sit cozy in my little apartment, sleep soundly in my bed, and carry on with life unaffected by the hand of nature in such a devastating degree.
The rain... gets me wet, it is grey and a bit cold.
But, it does not harm me.

"Lord, thank You for the many blessings that I know.
Please forgive me for being unhappy with what I have,
and help me to live every day with gratitude filling my heart.
Who knows what tomorrow may bring.
Where in one moment the sun is shining and the sky blue, 
the next could be ripped apart and turned upside down.
Again, I am sorry for complaining."

Here are a few photos found on National Geographic.
After looking through the different galleries of pictures,
my heart is filled with a deeper sympathy for those affected,
but also with a new attitude of thankfulness.
I am praising God for the rain.





...........................

I am thankful for the pink and purple flowers, the green grass and the lush trees.
I am thankful for my Husband, who is the very best there ever was.
I am thankful for my family and friends, 
and for the fact that I have no need too great for God to meet.
He fills my heart to overflowing...
Come what may, He is everything that I need.

4 comments:

So Truly Lovely said...

Amen, sister. I went for a run in the rain this morning and it was the most amazing thing. Glad to hear you singing His praises :)

AJD ∞ said...

& I was just thinking about how IMPATIENT I am for warm weather. Thank you for the reminder. My family and some of my friends are safe from harm, too... I needed the reminder. :]

Kelsey said...

lovely post. always in my prayers. xoxo

kelseyannesmith.blogspot.com

claire said...

we've had harly any rain for over a month now. everything is sooo dry :( there is hope today though, grey clouds x