Pages

Friday, October 7, 2011

It's a wonderful thing to be alive.

hello from Insomnia


Hmm... How have I been?


Good. 
Blessed. 
SO MUCH to be thankful for! 
Yesterday my Love officially became a lawyer. Raised his right hand along with all the other smarties who passed the BAR and was 'sworn in'. 


My Birthday was Sunday. I am now 27. Spent the morning at church with the Hubs and felt like it was a message perfect for me. Like a gift from God, words spoken directly to my life, and perfectly said on the day of my birth. "This is what I was made for..." Relationships, sharing life with others and thriving off of giving rather than receiving. I specifically remember, when I was a very young girl, seeing my Mother live in this way. She made the world a better place. And she shone such a beauty. I wanted and still want to be beautiful like she is, to fill the world with an irreplaceable light and warmth... 


What else is new...


My ever changing body {even though the changes are slight, I notice them}. Sometimes I feel like I've gained 20 lbs, when really I've gained 2. My hips, and lower tummy... how can something so tiny affect me this much?! {okay, I know how... I'm not dumb, it's just kinda crazy when it really starts happening to you!} 


I take baths OFTEN! It's silly, but I've also recently discovered part of what I love about my 'bath time'. Gosh! It's the sound of the water, pouring out of the tap and hitting the little pool below... my own personal waterfall! It's magic! Soothing to my soul and calming like nothing else!
 Victoria Falls {I'VE BEEN THERE! twice}
google image


I am learning that there will be many times in life where you don't want to do things that are good for you :) Like grocery shopping, or doing laundry, or sometimes even loving on the Husband. Thus, I have discovered, that I must think upon these things. Rather than ignoring my responsibilities and wasting time, it is best to pursue, mentally and emotionally, the things that are best. When I work these things into my mind and heart, I am much more likely to do them. 

Had a baked potato for breakfast last week and it was the best breakfast EVER!

Falling asleep at 9pm is heavenly. 

My dreams are Ca-razy these days!!! Strawberry rainbow sand dunes, tiny little 'Borrower' type people riding trains outside my window, being trapped in and airport and hubby having 3 passports though none are his own, friends moving away to marry someone they've never met, and too... I've been having like 4 different dreams a night lately!

Oh! My brother sent in his Survivor application video!!! It would be SOOO cool if he made it onto the show! All people who apply hope to get 'chosen' but seriously... He would be perfect for Survivor!!!

Words that Encourage Me.

"Jesus, Saviour, pilot me
Over life's tempestuous sea.
Unknown waves before me roll,
Hiding rocks and treach'rous shoal.
Chart and compass come from Thee;
Jesus, Saviour, pilot me."
-Edward Hopper

"Will your anchor hold in the storms of life,
When the clouds unfold their wings of strife?
When the strong tides lift and the cables strain,
Will your anchor drift or firm remain?

"We have an anchor that keeps the soul
Steadfast and sure while the billows roll,
Fastened to the rock, which cannot move, 
Grounded firm and deep in the Saviour's love."
-Priscilla Owens


What am I listening to this cold October afternoon?

Summer Ames - Somewhere 
Future of Forestry - Close Your Eyes
The Lumineers - Darlene
Rosy Thomas - Much Farther To Go
Badly Drawn Boy - The Shining
The Civil Wars - Dance Me To The End Of Love
Beirut - Nantes
The Cinematic Orchestra - To Build A Home
David Ramirez - Argue With Heaven
Patrick Watson - The Great Escape
The Tallest Man on Earth - The Wild Hunt
Sufjan Stevens - Holland

Um... Hm... I can't think of anything else...
Sister just joined me here at the coffee shop and now I am terribly distracted :)

She's wonderfully cute! Love her!
So, I must be off, time to spend a while soaking in her presence.

Happy Friday!
It's a wonderful thing to be alive! A wonderful thing indeed.
Cheers to weekends filled with friends and family and a little time relaxing.
We're going to the pumpkin patch with the junior high group tomorrow morning. {which reminds me, I need to buy some rain boots!}
Okay Lovelies, ttyl.
xoxo
AmberDawn a very Happy Wife

4 comments:

So Truly Lovely said...

So excited for your growing (and smarty-pant) family! Don't worry-your body just "preps" for the changes that will be coming. I seriously didn't show until 18 weeks but before that, my waist totally disappeared and the upper part of me grew quite significantly...all in preparation for the new occupant :)

So glad you are loving the fall and getting to hang out with your awesome sister!!!

LOve, Anna

echo said...

love you! so excited for the changes in both our lives! we married good men my friend! cant wait to live closer to each other someday and spend our days hanging out with our babies... ;) See you in the AM if im not having a baby!

Claire said...

love that you blog in a coffee shop :) i love baths, always have done, i can spend hours in there topping up the water with more hot haha

Alicia said...

you are so cute. love reading your blog. ad congrats to your hubby!! so many exciting changes in your little cute family's life. :)