Pages

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Dwell on These Things.

Ah... Good morning and hello from my couch.
Just finished up eating some cream of wheat and now sipping coffee while reading my Bible.
Thought this verse was perfect for Thanksgiving.
"True, honorable, right, pure, lovely, of good repute, if there is any excellence and any thing worthy of praise, dwell on these things." Philippians 4:8
SUCH words of wisdom!
Last night my Love and I had a conversation about how to face discontentment in life...
We must give thanks! Recognize that even when things aren't going 'our way', there are still loads of things to be grateful for. 
As Shawn and I were talking, I encouraged him, who was feeling upset about a few things, to stop and spend 5 minutes in prayer and journal about the things that were 'worthy of praise'. 
I guaranteed that he'd be happier afterwards, and guess what?! He was.
Thanksgiving is a time to remember to be thankful for all that we have and have had. 
But really, every day we should be thankful. Even if it's giving thanks over what seems to be so very minuscule in comparison to the massive burden upon our shoulders.
"True, honorable, right, pure, lovely, of good repute, if there is any excellence and any thing worthy of praise, dwell on these things."
Happy Saturday to all of you lovelies!
xoxo
AmberDawn

1 comment:

Giuli said...

Wonderful words Amber!
Every day we should be thankful for every little things we have.
Have a fab Thanksgiving day...I'm sure next year you'll celebrate the day with a sweet baby!
Nice your blog! I'll follow it! :D