Pages

Friday, December 2, 2011

Be Kind


"Be kind, for everyone you know is facing a great battle."
Philo of Alexandria

"Let no unwholesome word proceed from your mouth,
but only such a word as is good for edification according to the 
need of the moment, so that it will give grace to those who hear."
Ephesians 4:29


In the last 24 hours I have been showered with kind words and sweet uplifting compliments. And of course, I have been uplifted. It feels good to hear such positive and thoughtful things. 
"You are so pretty." -Dani
"That outfit looks great on you." -Elissa
"I love your belly." -Nora
"Love your hair." -Kelly
"I'm so blessed to have you as a sister." -Loni
"Have I told you lately that I love and appreciate you." -Echo
"I love you for who you are." -Hubby


Who wouldn't want to hear words like these on a daily basis?!
How about we focus on gifting others with compliments and loving words of affirmation this holiday season... 
So much better than presents don't you think?
Or both at once work fine for me too :)


On a lesser note: would you like to know what I had for breakfast this morning?
Yes?
Good, Cause it was a party in my mouth and I just have to share!
French Toast bread with maple swirls in it,
toasted and covered in a perfect layer of peanut butter.
With apple slices on the side... Mmm Mmm Mmmmm.




Speaking of yummy food. 
Check out Recipe Wednesday from this week.
Turtle Pumpkin Cheesecake!
I have yet to make it, but this recipe has gone into my food folder and I am looking forward to trying it! 


Happy Friday!
xoxo

3 comments:

Claire said...

awww lovely compliments :) that toast looks pretty yum. I didnt have breakfast apart from a cup of tea, i had a toeasted muffin for elevenses....

Happy Wife said...

Mmm a toasted muffin sounds good. I've started eating ALL the time :) So elevenses would fit right in with my schedule!
xoxo

Kelly said...

Love what you wrote:) so true too, I think of that verse in Proverbs 31 where it says she speaks with kind words and wisdom. crazy how people can remember our harsh words so it's good to smother people with encouragement and kindness:) The toast looks yummy too lol:)