Pages

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Belly Belly Belly

Here we are!
In week 20 and feeling on top of the world!

I love you Hunter.
I love you Emerson.



via wit + delight

I've been feeling them both move around a bunch and this morning I got to hear their heartbeats. It was officially the first time hearing two separate ones!

Happy Wife, healthy Boys!

Emerson and Hunter are fraternal twins!
I can't wait to see their teeny faces for the first time...
They're gonna be so precious!

This morning on my way to meet with one of my midwaves, 
I sang... 

  1. All to Jesus I surrender;
    All to Him I freely give;
    I will ever love and trust Him,
    In His presence daily live.
    • I surrender all,
      I surrender all;
      All to Thee, my blessed Savior,
      I surrender all.
  2. Having twins changes things. And as much as I am so very happy for the changes, it's also a bit overwhelming. Really, the part that changes most is the birth. This is what I am surrendering. This is where my heart and will must shift a bit. The birth will change, and that's okay. Typing this I can feel these little guys moving around, and it settles my emotions... I like control... I like being in charge and knowing what's going to happen at all times... Birthing two adds a few more unknown variables. It's time to readjust my perspective. Hunter and Emerson are the Lords far more than they are mine. And my body and experiences are the Lords before they are mine. As much as I am responsible to do and go, I know that sometimes where my feet want to take me, isn't always where I'll get to walk. {I don't believe that God is some massive puppeteer moving us all from here to there, leaving us to simply be... but rather, we are called to move and act.} These precious lives will be born in a hospital now, rather than at Andaluz. And that's okay.
This is where I surrender.
The beauty and wonder of it all, no matter what, will be holding my babies and knowing that they are mine!

xoxo
AmberDawn
Emerson & Hunter

9 comments:

Claire said...

having never given birth to even one child i cant imagine there being two. When i see people with twins i'm always thinking HOW DID THOSE TWO LITTLE BODIES FIT IN THERE!! it really is a miracle xx

Deanne Lawrence said...

Amber - You're absolutely beautiful, inside and out! :) I think your decision is wise...I cannot wait to see these two little men...

:)

echo said...

BAM!! belly is poppig quick now... no stopping those little guys from grow grow growing!!

susanne evangelista said...

beautiful perspective. surrender!

Anonymous said...

It's funny how God teaches us to let go----it's an interesting lesson we get to learn all of our lives!
I am so very happy & excited for you two!

Love,
Victoria W.

Linda Phillips said...

Hi precious girl!
Life is full of surrendering to God's will and you are showing a good measure of faith and wisdom in recognizing this. Knowing and believing doesn't make it easy at every minute though so pray without ceasing and I and many of your brothers and sisters in the church will be praying for you too.
Love you soooo much!!
Aunt Linda

Alicia said...

i lust love you and your little belly holding your little men.

Kristen said...

Awww, such a cute post; those names are perfect!

Beth said...

I'm sorry that your original birth plan is changing but God knew it ahead of time and likely has prepared you for peace in this surrender. I'm so excited for you and what I'm sure will be an amazing and memorable birth no matter how and where it happens.