Pages

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Wonderful Weekend

Despite the rain and wind, my love and I have had a cheerful weekend!
Friday night our friends Alicia and Matthew came over for dinner, and of course we played games afterwards! And because we were having such a fun time, we threw any thoughts of 'bedtime' out the window and stayed up hanging out till about 12:30! Which is really late for us these days!!
Alicia is due to have a baby girl within days of my boys arrival!
She's going to be such a sweet Mama!
You can visit her blog here if you'd like.

Saturday started out with a bit of reading...  
-I am grateful to have a warm and cozy home on these cold and blustery days!-
Snapped a pic of my round and happy belly.
Note- it's getting a bit heavy.
As much as the elastic band, which sits just below that bow there, gives me a good amount of support, I have a feeling I'm gonna start walking around with my hands below this ball of joy and walk leaning back just a tad... you know, to balance it out a little ;)


At 3, my Love and I got in the car and ventured off into downtown for the Behind The Myths Tour!
Anyone else watch Myth Busters?!
Jamie and Adam were fantastic!
I laughed harder than I have in a long time and was thoroughly entertained and intrigued for the entirety of the show!
"Never underestimate the power of play!"
Jamie Hyneman

After the show, we went down The Riverplace Hotel and checked in to our room.
{We are celebrating our 2 year anniversary this weekend 
-but officially it was on the 9th of this month}
Our room was perfect!
Um, except for the fact that the toilet was too high! 
Only my toes could reach the ground when I sat upon said thrown...
But! The chair in the room was heavenly!!! So soft on my bum! Shawn laughed at me when I sat in it cause I couldn't contain my excitement! It's odd how pregnancy changes you... your whole body begins to appreciate the little things.
For dinner we went to the restaurant attached to the hotel and I ordered the chicken pot pie... and let me tell you what. That thing was ginormous!! 
Didn't even eat half of it... oh but it was so good.

Went back to our room filled to the brim with the yummies we'd just consumed. 
Watched a bit of tv, I took a bath {oh how I wish my bath were all fancy and big like the ones in hotels!}, and we played Hanging with Friends on our iPhones. Romantic right ;)
...
This morning we went out to breakfast and then registered for a few more things that our sweet boys will need upon arrival.
Then we came home and curled up on the couch and watched the new show Alcatraz together.
I could spend hours hanging out with my Hubby!
He's such a good man. And in my opinion, we make a good pair! A great one in fact!! 
It's a good thing we got married :) 

Now he's watching football with my brother, and I'm off to visit my dear friend Echo. {She just moved super close to me and I'm thrilled to have her a few minutes away!}

Hope all you lovelies had a wonderful weekend as well!
xoxo
Happy Wife



4 comments:

Fly me to the moon said...

Sounds like your weekend was really fun! I wanna come play games and stay up past bedtime!
xoxo

21SaraLoves said...

Sounds like a good weekend. Love that you call him your love, so cute.

www.21saraloves.blogspot.com

jenny said...

You and your bump are adorable!

Danya said...

I've been away from the blogsphere for quite a few weeks now and just caught a glimpse of your growing belly - how sweet! Hope you're feeling well...and sounds like you had a great anniversary - happy 2 years! - d