Pages

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Oh but there is LIGHT on these gloomy rainy days.

It's raining, gray and dreary out...
So, I'm filling my time with happy music, accomplishing tasks {which always feels good}, and reading words of encouragement and truth! Then writing them down so that I can come back to them... I want to dwell upon what's true and right and lovely! whenever I find myself in a moment of uneasiness and stress.
See the drawing of children beneath my stack of books?! Gyo Fujikawa is my favorite! Sweet little rhythms and pictures... I want to own all of her works!


This little photo album was one that I purchased years ago at a second hand store and throughout the different seasons of life I've filled it with Scripture, or quotes or personal thoughts and notes that speak to me and build me up. Even keeping it in the door of my car and reading it at a stop light on my way to work or wherever. Really, we have to fight to hear good things!! Just think about it, most of what our ears and minds and hearts get is a whole lot of negativity! ~
... I'm trying to keep my feet up while I keep my spirits up. Though puffy feet aren't nearly as bad as a dreary mood. {personal opinion}

"Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praisedwell on these things."
Philippians 4:8

"With every morn my life afresh must break, The crust of self, gathered about me fresh." George MacDonald~Diary of an Old Soul

Our Heavenly Father is so very patient with us and our grumblings.
It was maybe CS Lewis or Oswald Chambers, I don't remember, but one of them once wrote that the first thing we must do each morning is to fight. To throw off the quick worries and cares of the day and to cling to Jesus. It is not natural for us to wake up and be happy, to have a mind empty of cares and to rejoice that we are blessed with another moment of breath... Most of us wake up a bit grumpy. Hitting the snooze button and dreading the thought of rising. Why?! 
Each day is another opportunity to see God! To experience Him and to work at His side, growing in all things as He would see fit... What is wrong with us that we don't see our calling and run towards His ever beckoning hand?
Oh sweet and dear friends, lets us set our minds and hearts so fervently steady upon the light that we are called into. If you know Jesus, personally as your Lord and Saviour, than you know Him to be that Light, that beauty and strength. And... that you were called out of darkness!
On dark and rainy days, seek what's hidden/yet so very real and dwelling deep rooted within you. LIGHT.

A couple hours ago my Sis sent me a text about the warm weather she's enjoying down in Southern Cali. Of course I was jealous!!
Then she sent me the text about my time in Australia and I had to laugh...
Some moments in life we get a whole lotta sunshine, and other times we don't. Friends, let's be thankful for wherever we're at. I need to work on that...
{this having nothing to do with pregnancy... I'm the girl who wishes it was summer all year long!!!} Maybe for you, you wish you were closer to family, or had a little more money, or are wanting to be thinner, or wanting more 'things'... Find something near you, I'm sure there's something close by, that you can be thankful for, and dwell upon that. Find something lovely, something pure, or something honorable... I bet you a thousand bucks there's something!! Dwell upon that, and may your spirits be lifted friends, just like my feet upon this chair, and know that you are blessed!!! There is a season for everything.
Love you all!!!!
xoxo

1 comment:

brittany said...

philippians 4:8, i love that verse!