Pages

Thursday, May 24, 2012

My New BFF













I used to hate this couch... but now it's where I spend so much of my time. 
It belonged to my Hubby while he was in college and has followed us into our living room since. Never big enough for a good cuddle or for sleeping, in my mind it was in no way a suitable surface to sit upon. It always seemed a bit stiff and lacked the depth that would allow me to sink back into it and fold up my legs.
But these days my relationship with this piece of furniture has changed. Maybe it's because I've worn it out in places {sitting there in the spot right next to the pillow, in between the cushions, holding my little baby boys is where you'd see me if you were to peek in on my life. Too, I now nap on it quite a bit...} and so, I've grown to appreciate this couch. I'm often times surprised when I realize how cozy I am parked here with my legs curled up beneath me. Again, I spend A LOT of time on this couch. 
In this moment I'm seated there, elbows on my knees as I lean over to type. 
The boys are napping in their cribs {sleep training is working out well},
and I'm thinking about what we're going to do for dinner... easy, healthy-ish, and... yep, that's about all I'm aiming for.


Alrighty, time for me to get up and do something else.
{just thought I'd give you a little glimpse into my day}
xoxo
Happy Wife

No comments: