Pages

Thursday, June 21, 2012

A day in the life.

Warning! Photo overload!
~
Yesterday was way too nice not to get out and enjoy the weather!
Praise Jesus my babies enjoy riding around in the double BOB!
As soon as we got home from our sweet little stroll, 
they conked out and slept for 3 hours.
Hunter {above} Emerson {below}
Can you tell Emerson doesn't like to wake up?
Eventually Hunter thought it was time for me to stop taking their picture 
and he began scheming with his brother as to how they'd get out of that Boppy.
His plan, poop and get it on his clothes!
While changing him, I could hear my porch 
beckoning us to come sit and bask in the warmth of the afternoon sun.
I love love love how happy these men of mine are in this weather!
They are definitely like their Mama!
Oh happy magical summer days that are before us!!
Emerson and Hunter learned about the strength of Hercules
as they lay there, feeling the breeze blow between their tiny toes.
My sons are such a great source of joy in my life.
Hunter and his precious smile!
Emerson and all of his silly expressions!
They adore each other,
hold hands often and are comforted most every time I put them together. 
You can kind of see them holding hands in the pic below.
All good things must come to an end!
{not sure I really believe that...}
Anyway, Emerson got super excited as the wind blew strong around us, 
and kicked his legs so hard he spit up all over himself, and me
{cause you know, I decided to hold him at just the right moment!}
Bath Time!
Hunter did a decent job just hanging out while I bathed his brother.
Praise Jesus again!! These children LOVE the water!!
I have the greatest video of Emerson splashing and kicking and smiling SO big,
but I'm not sure I want to share his little man self with the whole world...
He might hold it against me someday ;)
All clean and snuggly and just about ready for another nap,
the three of us curled up on the couch and talked together for a while.
I must share with you, that the boys get a kick out of 
seeing themselves on the screen of my iPhone.
{who knows what they really see, but Hunter smiled immediately when I held it over him.}
This was the amazing face that I got from Emerson when taking his pic this morning!
How could you not fall in-love with those precious faces!?

And there you have it,
A glimpse into the day of the life of a Happy Wife and her Happy Twins.
xoxoxo

ps. Tomorrow we're garage sale-ing with Alicia and Chloe!
I can't wait!

8 comments:

Brooklyn said...

What a wonderful way to spend your days! Those two sweeties look like the best of friends! Have a great weekend!

Jessica said...

Love this! What a sweet recap! I love how much they love each other. They will appreciate reading this one day.

Happy Wife said...

Brooklyn and Jessica~ They really do love each other and I can't wait to watch their relationship grow! It's such a unique bond!

Cara said...

Oh my, I'm so glad you shared all of these pictures. I am in. love. You know Ruth in the Bible? (of course you do) and how she told Naomi that if she got married and had another son, she would wait to marry him? Well maybe you could tell me the same thing for when I have a daughter. Your sons are too precious. xoxo

Happy Wife said...

Cara~ You're so sweet! I'm laughing! I'll make sure that they never set their eyes on another woman ;)
xoxo

BRIGHTLIGHTS said...

Your sons are so beautiful! I just randomly came across your blog by blind chance and I loove it! I am definitely going to be following you! :D

Happy Wife said...

Brightlights~ I'm so glad to have you around!

Becca said...

I can't get over how sweet these two boys are! They are destined to be friends with The Hardesty boys! Bros need to stick together! ;) I need to try showing Buck himself on my phone...your boys had the cutest expressions, I wonder if they really saw themselves?!