Pages

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Pee Your Pants Amazing

Yep, I said it. Pee your pants amazing... that's my life these days. So amazing that I pee my pants...
You think I'm joking? Well, It's true... With two little bundles of absolute cuteness, I forget to use the restroom. Busy feeding and diapering and holding and soothing and running around picking things up with my feet because both my hands are full... I don't even think about it... Until I turn the sink on and the water runs and I pee. Yep. Pee! Just a little mind you, but once it starts, I have to stop everything that I'm doing immediately and get to the toilet. My bladder must be relieved. TMI? Sure, but if you're here, you probably aren't too shocked to read this from me. 
Also, this hasn't happened only once. I think it's maybe happened 3 or 4 times in the last two months. So focused on all the other things to do, I don't even experience the urge or need to go, until it's time to go.
Oh the joys and funny happenings of a Mother. 
The other night, I think it was around 3am, as I went to feed the boys, I grabbed a handful of trail mix and shoved it in my mouth while I walked back to their room. 
When I feed them, I do my best to be calm and quiet...
Picked Emerson up, laid him down in the boppy on the couch, grabbed Hunter, held him as I sat next to Emerson, and fed them in silence. Shh-ing every once in a while, but was mostly silent. 
Until the peanuts that were stuck in the back of my throat became dislodged from their hiding place and caused me to gag a bit, choke and cough so hard both Emerson and Hunter woke up startled and began to cry!! Instead of trying to soothe them, I burst out laughing! Of course I'd choke on my trail mix in the middle of the night!! Of course I would! My laughing kept the boys crying, which then made it a bit difficult to feed them... But we managed, and in the end, after they were fed and laid down to sleep, as I walked back to my own room, I looked at the jar of trail mix and swore to never again choose that as a middle of the night snack.
Oh the joys and funny happenings of a Mother.


What's something funny that's happened to you Mamas out there?
Don't be shy! Do tell ;)


xoxo
Happy Wife

6 comments:

Janell Happ said...

Hahaha! This is great! This made all that "becoming a mother and putting your own needs second" have a whole new meaning :) And the trail mix.. oh man, do I know how you feel when you say "This would happen to me!" I say that all too often. Sometimes we just have to laugh life's little jokes, even if they are being played on us. Hope you are having a great week so far!
Janell

echo said...

Welcome to the world of the "post baby body" it's not just the outside the is affected :) me an my sister joke all the time about not making each other laugh "stop! I'll pee, I'll pee!" :) do your KEGALS!!

Happy Wife said...

Echo! I've been doing them :) It's just when my bladder is FULL things are a little different/not as strong...
lol So fun ;)

Katie Greer said...

Oh man, you crack me up! Yep... 15 months post baby, doing exercises...just happens sometimes - ugh! I've learned to use the restroom before a friend tells a funny joke or watching a comedy on tv!! haha

21SaraLoves said...

Your post made me smile and that is such an adorable picture!

www.21saraloves.blogspot.com

Becca said...

Haha you tell it like it is my friend! ;)