Pages

Thursday, August 2, 2012

There, I said it!

Cardboard Box Diet Update
not sure what I'm talking about? go here


First, I want to start by saying that, 
"I LOVE WORKING OUT!"
I'm having so much fun taking care of my body and treating it with the respect it deserves!


Weigh-In: 177.4
There, I said it! That's how much I weigh. I'm 5'2 and definitely carrying more fat on this frame than I should. I've lost 7 pounds since the middle of June when I started eating healthier/more often, breakfast every day, working out, using MyFitnessPal, and joining the "cbdiet club".
{quick background... started my pregnancy at 164, so already overweight, reached 220 something towards the end of my pregnancy, lost 40 pounds almost immediately afterwards and am now working my way back down to around 130. It's been 4 months since the boys were born.} I love working out, and I love having goals to reach for!


Exercise Completed: I've been working out most every day, but giving my body a day of rest each week. When the boys nap in the afternoons, I do roughly 45 minutes of a workout in my living room {I just finished a 45 minute cardio, 20 minute core and 10 minute stretch. Hunter and Emerson are great sleepers most days and have just fallen into the 2 two hour naps routine!}. Fitness DVDs are my best friend! I'm also working out my core {because what woman who just had a baby, let a lone 2 doesn't need to do this?!} and in the evenings when Shawn comes home, I head down to the complex gym and bike or run for about 30-45 minutes. note: I just started doing both... as long as I'm getting one of those in, I'm happy.


Splurge/Guilty Pleasure: {since last Thursday} I went out with my Seester last night, had a burger and fries, and a hard cider and then since we were out at 10:30 shopping the aisles of Target{which so happens to stay open till 11pm now, WOOT!}, I needed a Vanilla Latte to stay awake. YES! I splurged indeed! 


Success Story: I am a happier me. My body is changing, tummy is toning, back is slimming and calves are stronger. I feel good about myself, even if I'm still overweight, I'm doing what's good for myself and that's what matters! Numbers and size will follow!
{Speaking of change, I need to get my thyroid checked... Thinking I might have an issue with mine. I've honestly never been a 'bad' eater, and I've done whatever I can to move and not remain stagnant... Perhaps Mr Metabolism needs a little help. We'll see.}


Recipes/Photos:
Cauliflower, Greek Yogurt with Berries and Ground Flax Seed, Lara Bars, Dave's Killer Bread with Hummus and Tomatoes...
I eat simply, primarily fresh foods and only processed on occasion. 
Still eating breakfast each morning, little to no sugar, not too many carbs and drinking lots of water.








I hear Emerson waking up!
Gotta go! {I'm excited to read up on all my fellow cbdieters progress later!}
xoxo
Happy Wife & Mama



5 comments:

Danya said...

Go girl!! Keep it up! :)

Mrs. J*F*G said...

Love it. We've got similar things going on right now, and similar weight gains (although you are about 5 inches shorter than me). I feel like we are dieting and working out "together"! :)

DebonaBeach said...

Great job on the exercise!!!

One thing that helps me is keeping an eye on sugars - even natural sugars. Lara Bars have a LOT in them - but I agree they are indeed yummy!

I eat a lot of protein and love making pancakes from oats, eggs, & cottage cheese to have for a fast snack alone or smeared with natural nut butter! :-)

You'll get back to where you want to be in time.... just keep on moving!!!

Tabaitha said...

Keep up the great work! I haven't given up on my Cardboard Diet posts, but we have been battling being sick, which seems to continue as it passese through each kid. So proud of you and I'm currently 162lbs and have been stuck here for the last couple weeks. My goal is to get back to 130lbs too. We can do it together!

Lauren from Texas said...

I just love you xoxo